Movies to Watch This Holiday Season

Luis Terriquez and AJ Stella

1. Frozen

This movie is a winter Favorite. It is about a Snow Queen puts a magical spell on a kingdom, condemning it to snow everyday. Three heroes engage in a journey to save the kingdom from the Queen’s spell.

2. Elf

Will Ferrell stars in this classic Christmas comedy as a human baby that grows up in the world of elves. He works as an elf until the day that his elf father reveals to him that he is adopted. He then goes on a search in New York City looking for his real father.

3.  Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer

The Holiday classic of Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer is about a misfit reindeer, Rudolph, and his misfit friends looking for a place that will accept them.

4. Fred Claus

Vince Vaughn stars as Fred Claus, the brother of Santa Claus in this comedy movie. Fred visits his brother Santa in the North Pole, but Santa is sick. There is an inspector that wants to close down Santa’s operation if he cannot give all the gifts to the kids, but, luckily, Fred steps in to be Santa for Christmas.

5. The Santa Claus

One Christmas Eve, Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) hears Santa on his roof. Thinking it was something different, he scares Santa and causes him to fall of his roof. Santa then falls to the floor, but disappears leaving behind only his suit. Scott then has to become Santa in order to save Christmas.

6. Four Christmases

Brad and Kate (Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon) are a happy couple who just want to go to Fiji. When their flight gets canceled, they have to spend Christmas with their family. Since both their parents are divorced, they have to go to four different Christmases.

7. Home Alone

Kevin McCallister, an eight year old boy, is accidentally left at home alone by his family who are on their way to France. Two burglars think that no one is home and they try to rob their house. To their surprise all but one family member is gone. When Kevin finds out that the burglars are trying to come in, he booby traps and defends the house.

8.  A Christmas Carol

Ebenezer Scrooge, voiced by Jim Carrey, is an animated Christmas movie that teaches us the true meaning of Christmas. Visited by the Christmas Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future, he learns to be giving. Additionally, if he continues to be selfish then he will die.

9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This movie is about the famous Grinch who terrorizes Whoville and plans to ruin Christmas. On the night of Christmas Eve, he sneaks into people’s houses to steal their gifts. In the end, Grinch learn that Christmas is not just about the gifts, and he gives everything back to the people of Whoville.

10. Polar Express

A boy, who is starting to lose faith in Santa anymore wakes up on the night of Christmas Eve from the sound of a train. He goes outside, sees the train, and gets on, joining a bunch of other kids. To his surprise the train is on route to go to the North Pole to visit Santa. Throughout his journey, he remembers why he should believe in Santa.