Over The Ear Headphones Or Earbud Headphones

AJ Stella, Reporter

People have been debating this question for many years: which headphones are better: over the ear headphones or earbud headphones? Earbud headphones are usually better for working out and running because you can sweat on your over the ear headphones; however, over the ear headphones are also great because they don’t fall off your ears. In addition, when you’re out in public earbuds are the way to go because over the ear headphones are too bulky. On the other hand, if you are simply trying to listen to music and tune everything else out, over the ear headphones are noise canceling, and you only hear the music. While not noise-canceling, earbuds are more portable and more stylish than over the ear headphones. If you want to get pumped up right before a big game over the ear headphones are better because the sound quality of the music is better and you can’t hear any other distracting noises. If you are watching netflix in bed over the ear headphones prevent you from lying on your side because they are too bulky, so earbuds are the solution, but the sound quality isn’t as good and they are less comfortable than over the ear headphones.

Some of the School’s students shared their thoughts on which type of headphones are better:

Senior Rachel Simons said, “Earbuds are better because over the ear headphones are too bulky and unstylish.”

Freshman Scott VanNess said, “They both have their uses, but over the ear are overall probably better because they cancel out noise and are more comfortable.”

Junior Donovan Redd explained, “Earbuds are better because they are more convenient and over the ear headphones are just too bulky.”

Sophomores Natasha Skov and Kaitlyn Colvin agreed, “Over the ear headphones look ridiculous, and feel ridiculous, and there is no easy way to carry them.”

It’s hard to say which type of headphones are better, and so this age old question may never be answered.

PHOTO CREDIT: http://tinyurl.com/lmxsr64