Men’s Varsity Basketball to Second Round NCS

• (Olivia Lum)
  • (Olivia Lum)
  • (Olivia Lum)
  • (Olivia Lum)
  • (Olivia Lum)
  • (Olivia Lum)

The Men’s Varsity basketball team brought home the win tonight in an impressive game against the St. Vincent de Paul Mustangs. Even before the game started, energy was high on and off of the court. The boys were yelling and clapping, and the fans were cheering and screaming. The School was very excited for this game. The Jayhawks obtained an early lead by scoring 12 points before the Mustangs could score any. At the end of the first quarter, the score was 14-3 and the crowd was eager for more. The second quarter was equally as exciting and ended 22-18, HRS. After half time, the Jayhawks rowdily re-entered the court and got ready to play again. The high energy paid off, because the Jayhawks walked away from the third quarter leading 37-26. When the final quarter started, the fans were louder than ever. Everyone was cheering and screaming for the players. The Jayhawks knew that the win was in the bag, but that did not stop them from playing their best. But the Jayhawks didn’t just win; they maintained their lead for the entire game. The final score was Jayhawks 54, Mustangs 35.

Tonight was the first round of the NCS finals; because the Jayhawks won tonight, they will be playing the Saint Joseph Notre Dame Pilots at 8:00 PM on Saturday, February 28th, at SJND. If you are free this coming Saturday, come out to SJND at 1011 Chestnut Street, Alameda to support our Jayhawks!