The Best Valentine’s Day Chocolate

Kayla Schmidlin, Chief Content Editor

Valentine’s Day, the celebration of consumerism and love, is just around the corner! If you and your loved ones are planning on celebrating this year, here is a guide to help you navigate the overwhelmingly pink and red aisles of festive chocolates:

1) Lindt Lindor truffle balls: An elegant classic. Ranging from milk chocolate to dark chocolate to peanut butter, these melt-in-your-mouth chocolates are sure to please chocolate lovers of all kinds! Be sure to check out their Valentine’s Day themed chocolate raspberry flavor.

2) Godiva box of chocolates: A high-quality gift that will definitely show your loved one how much you care! Buy a premade box for a little variety, or mix and match your own box with your loved one’s favorite truffles for a personalized treat.

3) M&M’s: Basically everyone loves M&M’s, and the available holiday-themed packages make gifting them both convenient and fun. This year, check out their new Valentine’s Day flavors: White Strawberry Shortcake and Strawberry Chocolate, found at Target and Walmart respectively.

4) Bouquet of chocolate roses: For those of you who can’t decide between chocolate or roses: why not both? Flower-shaped chocolates are fun and creative, and your loved one will also enjoy a sweet treat!

5) Hershey’s Kisses: As their name indicates, these candies were practically made for Valentine’s Day. Of the various options, some fun ones for Valentine’s Day might be a giant Hershey’s Kiss or a bag of red and pink small Kisses.

6) Chocolate foil hearts: The last Valentine’s Day classic. These are sold in red or pink foil and in dark or milk chocolate. Conventional heart-shaped candies are always a good backup on Valentine’s Day!