Outside Lands Preview

AJ Stella, Chief Executive Videographer of Videos

Every August, people from all over the Bay Area and beyond gather at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park to see some of their favorite bands perform live. Established in 2008, Outside Lands is a three-day music and art festival that serves as a sanctuary for music lovers of all varieties, from 80’s pop, to modern house music (that crazy electronic party music we all cannot get enough of). Outside Lands is the Bay Area’s version of Lollapalooza, an iconic annual festival held in Chicago. Bay Area born natives are extremely proud to be able to say they hail from the Bay, and “Bay Area” born natives (you know the people from Antioch or Vacaville and beyond) also seem proud. A huge music festival that encompasses all different genres of music only adds to the Bay’s glory and its residents’ pride. We have the best weather, Silicon Valley, a great diversity of cities and things to do, one of the best fried chicken sandwiches in the world (Bakesale Betty’s), and now a huge party-of-a music and art festival for three days each August, the fifth through the seventh.

Similarly to years past, 2016’s Outside Lands has an incredibly diverse lineup. Ranging from the 80’s-famous Duran Duran to self-explanatory Chance the Rapper, and even to the folk icon Nathaniel Rateliff, this year’s lineup will not fail to impress. Whether you plan to go with your parents, or your friends, Outside Lands offers something for everyone. Some highlights from different genres on this year’s lineup include J. Cole (rap), Major Lazer (house), Lionel Richie (soul), and Radiohead (nineteen nineties rock’n’roll).

If you want to listen to great music and see some great art, make sure you get your tickets soon, because they will not be available for much longer; in fact, the Outside Lands official website has already sold out. Now, if you want tickets, whether it just be for one day or for all three days, you should search on Stubhub or Ticketmaster. See you there!