NBA Finals

Saudi Etheridge-Bullie, Reporter

The Playoffs are coming to a close and so far, the games are exciting. The Cavaliers won the Conference Finals against the Raptors 4-2. In the first two games, the Cavaliers overwhelmed the Raptors, 84-115 in game 1, and 89 – 108 in game 2. But, in games 3 and four, the Raptors were able to pull off the upset and won 99-84 in game 3, and 105-99 in game 4. Lebron James, however, and the Cavs showed why they are the number one team in the east by winning game 5 and 6 116-78 and 113-87. The Cavs ran their offense through their stars, Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, and Kevin Love. In the end, they won the Eastern Conference Title.

The Warriors were also able to beat the Thunder to win the Western Conference Title. At first, the Thunder surprised Warriors fans when the Thunder beat the Warriors 108-102. Then, the Warriors shut down the Thunder 118-91. However, in game 4 and 3, the Thunder were able to beat the Warriors 133-105 in game 3, and 118-91 in game 4. This series was the only time that the Warriors lost two games in a row this season. However, even though the Thunder were up 3-1, the Warriors were able to pull of an amazing comeback to win 4-3 games: 120-118 in game 5, 108-101 in game 6, and 96-88 in game 7. So, in the NBA Finals (which start tomorrow), the Warriors and the Cavaliers are going to have a rematch of last year’s Finals. Be sure to tune in to see both star-studded teams duke it out for the championship!