Upcoming Fall Television Program

Maddy Henry, Features Section Editor

Atlanta

Created by and starring Donald Glover, this drama showcases the lives of two cousins living in Atlanta trying to break into the rap scene there. Glover plays Earnest, a Princeton dropout who now manages his talented cousin, Alfred or “Paper Boi.”  

The Exorcist– Premieres Friday, September 23

Based on the 1971 novel by William Blatty, The Exorcist is sure to please. As the title implies, this horror series is based on the life of a modern day exorcist who performs exorcisms on demonic spirits.

Frequency

After losing her father as a young girl, a police detective in contemporary New York discovers she can talk to her father in the past through his old HAM radio. She then warns him of his impending early death, which causes ripples in time and alters her reality in unprecedented ways.

The Good Place-Premieres Monday, September 19

Kristen Bell stars as a woman who has died and wrongly ends up in heaven. She then realizes that she’s been mistaken for someone else but is determined to shed her old ways and try to be good.

Marvel’s Luke Cage-Premieres Friday, September 30

Marvel puts another superhero character on the screen with Power Man. After an experiment goes wrong, Luke Cage escapes prison and becomes a superhero for hire. His alter-ego is Power Man, who has super-strength and durability.

No Tomorrow

Evie meets and falls for free-spirited Xavier after she realizes how controlled and organized her life is. While trying to find the secret to his free spirited lifestyle, Evie learns that Xavier believes the Earth is ending in eight months. It’s because of this fact that Xavier lives such a carefree life, guided by his “Apocolyst,” a list of things he wishes to do before the world ends.

Pitch-Premieres Thursday, September 22

An aspirational story of a young woman who becomes the first female pitcher to play in Major League Baseball.

Quarry

A Vietnam War veteran returns home to Memphis, Tennessee and finds that his war efforts are unappreciated. He cannot find a job, so he becomes a hitman.

This is Us-Premieres Tuesday, September 20

This is Us follows the lives of several people born on the same day. It explores their hardships and everything life brings their way in this slice of life drama.