Dana’s Cupcakes

Rhea Park, Sports Section Editor

Junior Dana Gillis is well known around the School for her scrumptious cupcakes and equally sweet personality. Her cupcakes are a favorite class time treat, and she has now expanded her skills to form her own business: Dana’s Cupcakes.

Gillis notes that her passion for baking began from watching her mother, who is an avid baker. She says, “I’ve been baking my entire life… Freshman year I baked a lot of cupcakes for my classes, and I figured people might want to buy batches from me, so Dana’s Cupcakes was born.” Gillis reveals that her recipes are the result of “a lot of testing”. She says she “continually make[s] changes in order to get the best flavor, consistency, and moistness” that make her cupcakes so popular.

Gillis describes her passion as art form that benefits not just herself, but the people around her: “I like baking because it’s amazing how you can make something so delicious using different ingredients and cooking techniques. I love making people happy. When I give people cupcakes, it brightens their day and mine.”

Undoubtedly, managing both baking and school work is difficult. Gillis states that she tries to finish her homework as quickly as possible without procrastinating. She says, however, that “if you are passionate about something, you make the time…You just make it work.”

Although Gillis is not yet sure of whether Dana’s Cupcakes will continue once she graduates, she says that she “would love to continue baking… whether it’s for fun or it’s a business.”

Order cupcakes for yourself or your advising today at danascupcakes.weebly.com

1
Something is wrong. Response takes too long or there is JS error. Press Ctrl+Shift+J or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac.

1 Comment

One Response to “Dana’s Cupcakes”

1. Simone Stevens on September 25th, 2016 9:06 pm

“…Dana Gillis is well known around the School for her scrumptious cupcakes and equally sweet personality”. Well said!

[Reply]

Dana’s Cupcakes