Introducing New College Counselor Tania Bradt

Xena Wolf, Executive Editor

The School’s College Counseling Office, previously comprised of College Counselors Kate Augus and Carrie Horsey, and College Counseling Assistant Mya Paul, expanded this summer to include Tania Bradt, who will serve as a third College Counselor.  While new to the School, Bradt has decades of college counseling and college admissions experience.  “Most recently, I used to work at UC Berkeley in the Admissions Office,” she said, “I… oversaw the entire operation, from applications, all the way through enrollment, which was really fascinating.”  In addition, she worked for seven years at Stanford University, “leading the diversity outreach efforts for the university,” and as college counselor in Florida.

On why she chose to join the School’s college counseling team, Bradt explained, “I wanted a school that took academic rigor really seriously, but also had a diverse and warm sort of community environment, which is exactly what Head-Royce offers… I think the tight-knit community matched with the powerful academic reputation of the institution, I think was something that really called to me.”

Describing her role in the School’s college counseling, Bradt continued, “I’ll be taking on a group of students in the senior class, and working with them very closely to sort of usher them through the process, and obviously work closely with Kate and Carrie… in terms of programing, setting the calendar, working with parents, and just the entire Head-Royce community.”  Bradt says she is most looking forward to “getting to know everyone… I think just seeing this place in action and come alive… is something that is very exciting.”