Fan Recruitment

John Novogradac, Web Sports Manager

During sports games, many students come out to watch our School’s teams. However, we should be wondering is how to get more people to the sports games. The spirit masters have taken responsibility of recruiting fans to games into their own hands. There are many different ways that students can find out about sports games. For examples, the spirit masters have many different social media accounts that they use to broadcast messages to the students. Some of the social media sites that they use include Instagram, Snapchat, Gmail, and Facebook. However, information about sports games are also announced during Monday Morning Meeting, Thursday Morning Meeting, and at the start of Assembly. Just this past week, we were told that there was going to be a tennis match and a volleyball game on the upcoming Saturday. The students were told this information through the morning meeting announcements. However, students could also find information about these events through the social media sites that the spirit masters are on. One student’s, Junior Wyatt Clancy said, “I heard about the volleyball game through Snapchat”. Snapchat is a very dominant media source for students so it is no surprise that Clancy heard about the game through it.

The spirit masters started to use social media as a primary source to educate students on school events. For example, each grade has a Facebook group where people can post messages about upcoming events. Even though these groups are separated by each grade, the students in each group get notified about events. Furthermore, each of the grades deans sends out grade wide emails updating students on events that are coming up in the near future. Just this last week Mr. Scott send out a variety of emails letting the 11th grade know about when and where the volleyball games were going to be held.

Fan recruitment does not just stop at this, the spirit masters have an Instagram account that posts pictures of sports teams with information about where the game is and at what time it starts. Finally, there are constant posts on Snapchat stories during the actual sporting games that can get students to come. During a game, there are usually a large amount of students posting pictures and videos on their Snapchat stories. When other students see these Snapchat stories they see how much fun the game is going and will want to attend. By doing this the students are spreading the news about the game to students.