Split Movie Review

Chelsea Farinaro, Reporter

The Last Airbender is often a film that one would associate with director M. Night Shyamalan and not in a good way. Known for his out-of-nowhere plot twists, Shyamalan is back with another movie: Split, the story of a man with twenty-three different personalities who abducts 3 teenage girls, but little do they know, his twenty-fourth personality is about to be unleashed. I had the opportunity to see an early screening of this movie with my brother, Elliot Farinaro, at Regal Hacienda Crossings in Dublin. Elliot got the tickets for free and said that there was a sixty percent chance that they were actually legit; luckily, they were indeed real. When we got to the theater, we were given a poster of the movie and directed toward the theater. When we walked in, the entire theater was filled, so we were forced to sit in the second row. We then waited about ten minutes, and a man came out and told us that we were not allowed to video or take pictures during the film, especially because it was an early screening. This proceed with a video of M. Night Shyamalan talking about how excited he was to show the film, and he kindly asked that we don’t spoil Split for anyone else who hasn’t seen it. After this, the film started. I have very mixed emotions about Split because although it doesn’t have the strong, satisfying ending that I was hoping for, it has unbelievable cinematography and superb acting, specifically from James McAvoy, who plays Kevin, and all the personalities inside him, and Anya Taylor-Joy, who plays Casey Cooke, one of the girls abducted. I would give Split a B, meaning that if you are in the mood for a thriller, go ahead and see it, but if not, don’t go out of your way to watch Split.

1 Comment

One Response to “Split Movie Review”

1. Smithc714 on March 4th, 2017 9:38 am

This is really attentiongrabbing, You’re a very professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for in search of extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks! egbkcdcbebckkdgk

[Reply]

Split Movie Review