Fall TV Shows!!!!

Sonia Mahajan, Reporter

Summer definitely has its perks: warm beaches, tasty fruit, good movies, and, of course, a break from the hustle and bustle of school. But let’s just say exhilarating television shows, or even sports, are not in summer’s wheelhouse. Luckily, autumn has a wide array of highly-anticipated television shows to look forward to. The NFL regular season started on Thursday, September 7th when the Kansas City Chiefs took on the New England Patriots. According to USA Today, the Patriots are projected to go 16-0; whereas the New York Jets are projected to go 1-15. NBC’s drama This is Us received applause from both critics and fans for the first season and the second season is not planning to fall short. This is Us follows three adult triplets as their lives intertwine.The season finale had around 13 million viewers in the United States. Season two will premiere on Tuesday, September 26th. The CW’s Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl will air the week of October 9th. All three shows, especially The Flash, left us with our jaws dropped, which makes their upcoming seasons even more tempting to watch. Although HBO’s Game of Thrones was not featured in this year’s Emmy awards, the network still won big. HBO’s political sitcom Veep claimed the Best Comedy Series for the third year in a row. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who plays a former senator and current vice-president, leads the cast. The series will return to television early next year. Netflix’s Stranger Things, set in a small 1980’s town, focuses on the investigation of the disappearance of a young boy while supernatural events haunt the town. Season 2 will be on Netflix on October 27th to see how the characters have handled the events. It also premieres just in time for Halloween! Narcos has already returned to Netflix and was met with positive reviews. As for me, I am keen for all of CW’s programs, as well as ABC’s sitcoms such as Modern Family and Blackish. These shows are just some of the many programs to watch this season, so keep your eyes peeled!